Jeff Collins, Executive Producer of National Geographic’s American Colony: Meet the Hutterites, says “no editorial promises were made” to the Hutterites of King Colony:
Here are some of the editorial promises made by Jeff Collins to the Hutterites of King Colony as part of the addendum to their signed contract:
- Producer agrees that the Program will not criticize, ridicule, or include any disparaging statements about the Hutterite church, religion or cultural traditions.
- Producer’s intentions are to celebrate Participant’s way of life as a model for family values.
- The Program is intended for family audience, and Producer agrees Participant shall speak for itself, Producer will not speak for Participant.
- The program will not contain any depiction of lewd sexual conduct or obscenity.
- The program is a documentary and not a motion picture presentation.
- Producer agrees that the title “The Hoots” will not be used as the title of the Program.
Read the whole contract here.